13 October 2009

Put your hands up!

I haven't written for a while. In any of my blogs.

I'm really overwhelmed with school right now and I can't wait to have my hours cut at work now that we have a new part timer. I know that's a little unexpected, but I really want to get back on top of this semester, and the only feasible way for me to do that means less time at work.

In the last few hours I have been semi-challenged to learn the Single Ladies dance, which I've wanted to do anyway, but now will have to because I can't challenge someone to do it and then not do it myself. I may be performing it in a couple weeks, or I may find some way out of us all performing it. If I do learn it and feel comfortable before Halloween, I'm super tempted to dress up as Beyonce for Halloween though. I kind of think it's appropriate for working at a music store, is it not?



I have another idea I really like for Halloween though, and If I can make that happen I'm going to instead.

Beyond the dancing and Halloween motivations, this weekend allowed me to see that I kind of am enjoying being single. As much as I like the idea of relationships and such, sometimes there are disappointments that come with that kind of thing, and I have too much to focus on right now to open myself up to disappointments. Especially the kind of disappointments I had this weekend. At least I won't have to focus on that issue anymore!

That being said, I believe there is kind of an open invitation for a date right now, and I will be taking this boy up on his offer. I can't think of an appropriate nickname for him that won't also reveal his identity to some people who read this, so he is as yet unnamed, but I will do my best to come up with something before writing about him again.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Yay for "possible dates with unnamed boys!" :) Keep us girls posted.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about being overwhelmed. I've decided I also need to focus on getting back on top of things. We can do it!

I'm really excited for you guys to learn and perform the routine!

I'm glad you're starting to enjoy being single. Guys are too much work and drama sometimes. I have a girlfriend who is in a relationship, but she's still unhappy because they constantly fight and she's constantly hoping he'll change. I personally don't have time for that crap! =p