04 August 2009

No Babies, No Cancer Day!

I had a Lady appointment today! It was with a male doctor, which I've never done before. I didn't have any hesitation, I mean he's a doctor, and it's more important to be healthy than to be completely comfortable for the few minutes of the appointment. I had almost hoped for something outrageous, or at least outrageously awkward or embarrassing, to share from the experience.



Nothing of the sort happened.

It was actually probably the least awkward pap I've ever had. Dr. Ruggles (seriously, that's the funniest thing about it all) explained everything, and ordered my birth control from the pharmacy right at the beginning so I had less time to wait for it after the appointment. The only thing that he didn't explain was why he brought the nurse in for the actual examination. I actually happen to know that they bring in a female nurse just to make sure nothing funny goes down with a male doctor and a female patient. For someone who isn't aware of things like that, it might seem a little weird to bring in another person for such an exam. Just a quick mention would be kind of nice.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a crazy day, and it will be starting at 4:45, so it seems that almost 11 PM is time for bed!

0 comments: