22 April 2009

Loving those grants!

One of the best parts of this new exploring I'm doing, is that I need more dresses and skirts. I went out last night to find said new garments. With the intention of spending $100 and purchasing this awesome shirt dress, I took myself to the mall.



On my way there I passed by a shopping center with a Ross and a Marshall's, so I decided to go check out what they had. 11 dresses later, I had a bit of a self-esteem boost by fitting into the smallest of things I tried on, but I was also a little bummed that nothing really worked.

NY and Company didn't have the awesome shirt dresses anymore, so I tried on some other things. Much of it was awesome, but I have only one place to wear that style right now, and I wasn't up to investing that money for just a few great pieces that I'll wear at most once a week.

I started becoming disappointed, how is it possible that a girl can go into the mall wanting to spend $100, have things fit, and still be empty handed?

Then I went to Forever 21. I'm not a big fan of that store, but it is very possible to find good items when looking correctly. Just when I was about to give up, I turned around and found this amazing thing!



I also found a cute cardigan, but the color isn't online. This is the right sweater, but I got it in red.



I was feeling pretty good then, knowing that I had a couple of button ups at home that would make this into a great outfit. Even so, I decided to head down to Express to see what they had.

What did they have you ask? They had a buy one get one 1/2 off sale. I went for it.





Oh, and that yellow belt? Yeah, I got it in green.

I ended up spending more than my goal, and I'm totally glad that I did. I never do that kind of thing for myself, and this is definitely a good reason to do so!

My bed time has now passed, so this is going to come to an abrupt end rather than a clever one.

1 comments:

Sophie said...

I aboslutely LOVE that last outfit! WEEE WOOO!