21 February 2009

Goals again!

I've got some goals for this year that I'm now actively working on, and I kind of feel like I can make them happen.

You're not imagining things, I did copy/paste this from the other entry, but that way you don't have to scroll through all my pie charts to see what the first couple of goals were!


☑ I will not get another parking ticket for the rest of the year. I just paid off more than $350 in them, and I am not so happy about that, so I won't bother myself with them again.

☑ I will not get another over draft/late/over limit fee on credit cards or checking accounts again. I'm officially on the good side of my credit card balances, and will continue to work on staying that way by sending them money, and not using them. Weird how simple that is, huh?

☑ I will be a better friend to those who need it. I used to be much better at this, and I kind of didn't take care of myself as much, though I also tended to be a little selfish at times. It's all rather complicated actually, and could make an interesting fictional character. Anyway, I'm including myself in this list of people who need it which leads me to...

☑ I will ask for help from friends when I need it rather than fishing for it. There are a few specific things that I would really like to do in terms of growing up over the next few months, and one of them is realizing what I can/can't (or maybe will/won't) do on my own. Pride is definitely a double edged sword.

☑ I will get rid of things that I have but don't use. I want to point out that I did not mention getting rid of things that I don't need. There are a whole lot of things that I used every day that I don't particularly need, and those are not what I'm going to be getting rid of. What I need to get rid of is the things that are taking up space and kind of keeping me a little confined to the routines that I've settled into with having them around.

☑ I will do all that I can to get a job. I want out of this credit card debt, and I want to be able to pay my bills.

☑ I won't be too hard on myself when I don't meet my own expectations. I know that I appear to let myself slide on a lot of things to some people, but in reality I'm pretty damn hard on myself, and I'm not really sure why. One of the ways that I'm hoping to not be so hard on myself is to just take care of things more, and if I follow most of these other goals that shouldn't be so difficult.

☑ I will do more things simply because I enjoy doing them. I don't want to have to elaborate on this one.

☑ I will stay on top of my homework better, starting tonight.


Now that I've got a list down, I can try to get back to the reading that I didn't do at all today. Some other issues came up and it was better that I not today. I would really love to go to bed as soon as I click the publish button, but I'm going to plug through at least another 10 pages of Jane Eyre and hope to get through more like 20 before sleep. Then I'm only left with 80 or so for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an old list of goals from '05.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/FunkyFreshFreddie/celebrate.jpg

mallory said...

I will get rid of things that I have but don't use.

I have an issue with this one as well. I find that it's easier for me to get rid of things a little bit at a time...like I had a ton of clothes I needed to get rid of and instead of parting with them all at once, I did it in a few different shifts over a few months and have had no separation anxiety! Just an idea. :)