28 February 2009

Jedi Pod

On Tuesday on my way to tutor Lizzie I saw something I thought was interesting.



While in traffic, I came up on the left of a Honda Fit (pictured above) with the very interesting license plate "JEDIPOD" that did nothing but make me giggle. I noticed the license plate first, which I enjoyed by itself, and then I noticed how totally appropriate it was for the car which I don't think I'd come across yet. Yes, I realize that it looks more like a storm trooper, what better cover for a Jedi trying to infiltrate?

I felt very connected to the driver, as though I could totally hang out with them and not feel like a geek relating everything to Star Wars (though the LOTR references might still set me back, I don't know how deep their nerd-dom goes).

As I passed the car though, I was both amused and disappointed. We were in some relatively annoying traffic. The kind that isn't really slow enough that you've got to call in late if you're on your way to work, but it's pretty packed and there's a lot of stopping and going. Since I was passing the Jedi pod, they were obviously in a slower lane, and to my dismay the driver was in full on yelling road rage at the car in front of them.

Not very Jedi like at all.

On the plus side, I got to enjoy a moment of two pleasures; Star Wars and irony all in one moment!

0 comments: