16 July 2008

Work + School = No Bueno.

My boss just told us all that she’s been offered another position within our ginormous company. Since the only reason that I was thinking of staying on during the school year was because she wanted me to, I have the feeling that I won’t be working come September.

This is a good thing for her, and I really do hope that she enjoys the position. The person that they will probably have take over for her though, I refuse to work directly under. I already don’t like how much I see this woman bending rules and don’t like it when my name is associated with those projects, I refuse to have to do any more of it.

I just looked through all of my financial aid again for this semester, and I decided to go ahead and take the second loan that was offered. I went through and tried to estimate on the high side what my monthly expenses would be, and then divided the rest to figure out how much I could afford in rent. I will be much happier with the extra cash upfront.

I do hope to have some sort of a part time position during the school year, though. I also intend to be filling out scholarships that I will hopefully get, and be able to save some money that way as well. The bottom line is that it’s definitely worth accruing a bit more debt if it means that I can get through school faster.

Any tips on my way through?

0 comments: