14 July 2008

Weekly Review #1?

First attempt at a weekly summary type of post. This will by no means be a weekly event.

A few things have happened in the past week or so that I thought were note worthy, so I wanted to let you know about them. These are coming in order of remembrance, not importance or chronology.

I went on a first date last week. I’m going to admit it now, and I want to hear no comments about this part. I met him through match.com. We e-mailed back and forth for a few weeks, and I finally decided to just go for it. While walking there I was stoked. I saw him, and realized I was so not ready for something like this. I don’t want to blame this on the Jeff thing, because it can’t just be about that, but for what ever reason, I walked into the restaurant even though he was outside, making sure that he couldn’t see my face. I decided to just go for it, and the worst that could happen was that I not like him.

It actually went ok. I’m not really interested in anything more than friendship because of some specifics that don’t need to be shared in this entry.

Laura and I saw Hancock. I’d heard that it was a disappointment for some, but I really enjoyed it. Sure there were things that were amazingly obvious from way early on, but I never really knew how they were going to actually make it happen, so it was enjoyable to watch the journey, knowing that certain things were going to happen along the way.

Laura and I also saw Wall-E last week. Gorgeous movie. I wasn’t happy with the pace, plot or moral though.

I gave blood for the first time last Wednesday. It was an enjoyable experience, with the only negative side effect being the itchy-not-quite-bruise that I had at the site until yesterday.

I found out today at work that if my department was cut from the current one supervisor, four billers (plus another who is abusing benefits) and me down to three people over all, it would be the supervisor, one particular biller, and me, with some billing training I believe.

That was great, except that I don’t really want to work more than 16 hours this semester, so with a little luck maybe they will keep another biller on, or bring one more on part time. If I could get hired on and earn more per hour that would be grand.

My brother Scott is moving in with my dad until his wedding to avoid him having to be alone. He’s dealing with his wife’s death better than we thought. I don’t know how to help him really, but I’m trying to just be there for him. We’re going to see Get Smart tomorrow, so that should be fun.

Oh! Laura and I went with her parents to see The Sound of Music and Music Circus. I’m sorry to say that I was not terribly impressed. The performers were great and I did enjoy the evening, but I did not enjoy the interpretation of Maria or Brigita. With a piece so beloved as The Sound of Music, I understand taking a few liberties with some of the details, but not a main character!

Ok, that’s a lot to update about. Hopefully I’ll keep it up!

0 comments: