02 July 2008

Back, from outter space.

I want to start updating more regularly. I have actually thought about updating a lot in the past week, but I was a little bit preoccupied.

My dad’s wife of 5 weeks passed away last Monday. We still don’t know exactly why, but we believe that it was quick and hopefully painless. I’m not going to go into much detail about it because if you know anything about my dad and Karen, it’s probably that I was not a fan of hers, nor was she a fan of mine. I have a lot of mixed emotions toward a lot of different aspects of this whole situation, but publicly declaring them is probably not a viable remedy.

This past weekend we all went to a family reunion for my mom’s side of the family.

My brother’s wedding in September will be too soon to see them all again. I’m very glad that there will be a decent showing of my dad’s family as well, since it was made pretty clear to me that I’m a Wessel and not a Davini this weekend.

I’m looking for a new apartment again. My brother and I realized that it wasn’t going to work for us to live together about 3 weeks into our lease, so we’ve kind of been counting down the days until we could split. Our lease is not up until the end of September, but he’s currently looking for a new roommate, and now that I’ve found Holly I’ve been looking for more apartments.

I’d originally been looking for a one bedroom because of the financial aid that I’m getting this semester, but I think I’m just too practical for that. Why get a one bedroom that costs as much as a two if I could then have someone to split rent and utilities with? This way I will definitely be able to afford the semester with the grants that I’ve been offered and only one of the loans. Can’t really find a down side to having less debt.

I’ve got a lot of small projects I’d like to start, but I might wait until I move so I don’t have to stop them and never pick them up again. One of them is actually sitting down and writing out a few things running through my mind for blog entries that really would be more essays. I could probably do that before moving.

This is probably a little silly, but I’m proud of it so I’m going to share. I’ve been working on my credit lately, and I’m going to treat myself to a sparkly new MacBook Pro as soon as I talk to my credit card company and get a credit increase. I’d planned to that during my lunch today, but I left my phone at home, so I guess I’ll either go home for lunch or do it another day.

0 comments: