10 June 2008

Quite a happy suprise

I checked my account balance online this morning at work, and I noticed something odd. I had the paycheck that I expected in there from the hours that I worked last week, but there were two other deposits made from my employer. One that is the same as I would get for a full 40 hour week, and one more for just under $100.

As exciting as that was, I didn't really want it to come back and bite me in the ass. So I called my Accountemps rep to ask about it. He didn't know what was up, so he gave me the payroll number to find out.

Turns out, I have been working with the company for 1500 hours, so I was eligible for holiday pay, which is what the smallest check was for, and I got a Length of Service bonus that was equal to one week in pay!

So now I have payments pending for 2 of my 3 credit cards that will bring the balance to $0, and the payments that I would have sent to them next week will go to the last, and I will be completely out of debt two weeks from now!

0 comments: