10 February 2010

TMI Thursday...

Here's a warning to all before reading. I'm talking about girlie things.

TMI Thursday

Monday in my dance class I realized that something had some a little early, and I was stuck on campus until 9:20 unprepared. Not really an issue when there's a small store on campus that can provide me with tampons, but when I have to be in class right away, not so nice.

Fortunately I was able to ask around in my next class, and then in the bathroom and someone had one for me. All was fine for class and then I was able to get to the student store to get set for the rest of the day. That's where my hippie side took over.



These were available in the store, and at the price they were, it was the cheapest per tampon, and didn't have those waste of paper applicators. Plus, yay for organic anything, right? Well, even as I was buying them, I was thinking that no applicator might just be a tad over the line as far as too green for me.

I went for it anyway.

I tried it after a ridiculous fire alarm in the computer lab, and I have to say, I'm a little surprised at how not bothered I am by any part of it! Turns out I can totally do this, and I may even prefer it to typical tampax. I do have to admit that the idea of so many fewer chemicals sitting inside my body is both mentally and physically preferable.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I totally went through the same thing! Now I find the cardboard applicators kind of painful. And it's easier to have sex after that special time of the month is over. Viva la hippies!

Lisa R said...

Here's another alternative...

http://www.divacup.com/

mallory said...

I've pondered these at the store before on multiple occasions and have always come to the conclusion that I couldn't handle not having an applicator. The part that concerns me is that it wouldn't go in...RIGHT. You know? Like it'd be sitting in a funky, uncomfortable spot? But apparently not?

CIP said...

Hahhaa, oh man. I hate when that happens!