04 July 2009

Good Friday!

Yesterday was a grand day.

I started my day at Home Depot with my dad, where we bought the lumber for him to make me a counter for my kitchen!



I get to get creative with it and paint it any color I wish (though with my red kitchen I'll probably go with black or white). Since my dad is kind of awesome, he's making it so I can get super creative and figuring it out so I can set the top with epoxy and decorate the top with something even more creative while also making it a surface that is more than easy to wipe spills off of.

I think I'm going to put vintage recipes into it, hopefully some that I might actually end up being able to make! I'm a bit stoked about a reason to go thrifting!



After that we went to get burgers, and I think I'll post more about that later.

The rest of my day was the laziest I've had in a while, which was quite nice. I napped in the park for about an hour, and then I napped in bed for about 4 1/2 hours.

The only thing that would have been able to follow that would be the awesome night of dancing and great conversation with friends at Lyons!

I think I'll do what I can to make every Friday something like this.

0 comments: