16 June 2009

Living Life!

I know that I'm going to get some scoffs at this, but sometimes, Grey's Anatomy is totally spot on.

In one of the later episodes of this season there was a comment made to the effect of the realization that as much as we seem to always be preparing for the next stage in life (i.e. after this semester, after next semester, after graduation, after credential - the life of an English major doesn't have things like residency that take years) our life is happening all around us. If we don't pay attention while it's happening, we're going to miss something.



I've been thinking about that notion a lot lately as I've really become emerged in the world of swing dancing as well as the social scene that accompanies the awesome workout. Though one of the social circles I've become very much aware that life is happening and I'm rather proud of the fact that I'm now embracing it and enjoying it to no end.



There's been a bit of drama with a boy who seems to be enamored with me and my wonderful new guy friends doing all they can to cock block (though it's more just buffering for my benefit), and some interesting instances that have come out of that. I feel bad for the guy, 'cause I'm simply not interested. If he would chill a bit I'm sure that he could find a girl who would be a much better fit for what he's looking for without much resistance.



I've also met some really amazing new friends. The kind of friends who notice that my pants are too big and decide that we need to go shopping for new jeans, or have work in a couple hours, but will spend one of those hours not reading with me at the park. (We should really do that as much as possible this summer, I definitely got a little sun yesterday.)



This life enjoyment is what's hindering blogging lately. If I wasn't so happy with my lack of sleep and intense sign language studies, I might be sorry!



All pictures of the 1:30AM dancing in front of Rick's Dessert Diner that is definitely my favorite dance moment yet!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's because we rock! So glad you're enjoying dancing. Makes me even happier that I was the catalyst for the new love in your life ^_^

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you don't get complete credit. I encouraged her as well. :P Of course, it really was her own choice to do it at all... :D I'm so happy you are part of the dancing crowd now, Katherine! You are a lot of fun to have around.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you don't get complete credit. I encouraged her as well. :P Of course, it really was her own choice to do it at all... :D I'm so happy you are part of the dancing crowd now, Katherine! You are a lot of fun to have around.

T.Allen said...

You certainly look like you're in the moment! Enjoy, good friends are few and far between!

Blythe said...

I'm ready to go shopping for those jeans! When do you have time mama!?!