25 January 2009

Saturday Happenings

For a Saturday that I thought had nothing going on, I did quite a lot today.

I slept in compared to the last two days that I was working for Laura's dad, which I actually really enjoyed, and then just kind of laid in bed and looked for a new place to live until about 1 when I called a guy who had a promising ad. He was free for me to see it right then, so I decided to go. I figured that if I wanted the place, there was probably a decent number of other people who also would want it, so I better act fast, right?

The place seemed fine, and if I had to live there or nowhere I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't think that I would be the best fit for that situation. They have a dog who was really excited, but he wasn't mentioned in the ad. Not a big deal, but it kind of makes me wonder if there is some other detail that I need to know that is being left out.

I also made some plans to meet up with a girl to see her place tomorrow.

At 2 I got to meet up with Liz to go buy our text books for this semester. I spent $231.16 on them. That part wasn't so fun, but catching up with Liz was! We're going to get together on Monday before class for lunch. I totally forgot just how much I missed her!

After I dropped Liz off again I drove past the house I'm going to see tomorrow and I like the look of it from the outside, so that's good! Then I came home and intended to look up my textbooks online to see if I can buy some for a better rate and return the ones I got today, but instead I could barely keep my eyes open so I put on an episode of The Colbert Report courtesy of Hulu and laid down to take a break for 20 minutes or so. An hour later I woke up right at the time my mom was supposed to pick me up for box office duty for Wild Party.

Box office was not as bad as I expected it to be. I think I might volunteer to do spotlight for the next show. I always get annoyed with the spotlights when I'm watching a show, so why not participate and remedy that?

When we finished there my mom took me out to Hamburger Patties for some dinner, and Jeff and Greg joined us after they finished the show. I always forget that they have karaoke there, so it was a bit loud. We kept talking about doing a song, and then Greg just went to sign us up. He sang Proud Mary and Jeff and I danced backup. I made the mistake of inviting some random guy up though, so Jeff and I couldn't do our amazing Kati and Jeff-ness with him on the tiny stage as well.

That was the end of our meal though, so I headed over to Streets of London where Laura and a bunch of the guys were, only to have us all wander around midtown until we could meet up with one of her dodgeball and kickball teammates. The rest of us then just walked home, and I found a few replies to the ad I posted on Craigslist earlier. One of them I actually went to an Incubus concert with in Tahoe, so we'll see how that all goes!

Now it's time for bed, because it's 3 am. Hopefully I'll get to sleep well! Wish me luck with the roommate search.

0 comments: