28 December 2009

2009 Holidays

Christmas has come and gone, and it was a good one. The first one that I completely enjoyed where I was and who I was with, while also longing to be somewhere else, or at least have another addition to the group I was with. I like the feeling.

A few days before Christmas I got what is definitely my favorite present, and it wasn't even a present. Double Champ (who has since won again, but doesn't think we need to change his name yet again) came dancing with me last Tuesday. It was so much fun that I can't even think of decent adjectives to describe how much I enjoyed it. At first he wanted to bow out because he'd had a long day and he thought that we could just meet up later, but when he realized how much I'd been looking forward to it he decided to join me for a couple of hours.

He doesn't think he's so great, but for the first time dancing he was actually really awesome. Based on his own assessment, he has said several times that he plans on getting better, which I believe is a bit of intention to come out again sometime! I suggested this week, especially since I was recently given $20 for a pair of sunglasses that I paid $12 for and was never going to wear again anyway and that is my dancing money this week. I think it might be a little sooner than he'd like though, so I won't be pushing it. I think I'll just let it happen as it happens and enjoy every moment.

Even if we don't go dancing tomorrow night we're going to an awesome New Years Eve party where there will be plenty of time for dancing, even though I'm sure the shoes I'll end up wearing will not be so great for swing. Last night he surprised me by asking if he should wear a tux, which he apparently has! That is of course not at all necessary, though I do get to see him in a tie, which I am looking forward to seeing.

We haven't exchanged gifts yet, mostly because I haven't been able to get the supplies for his (and he knows the address to this blog, so I can't talk about it) but I'm hoping that we can within the next week or so.

I would love to be able to post a picture of the two of us with this post, but as far as I know there are currently none in existence. That will have to change some time this week.

0 comments: