28 September 2009

Inspired

A friend of mine lost his mother early yesterday morning. I never got to meet her, but I love seeing his words about her.



He's definitely one of the coolest people anyone could ever meet, and before I knew too much about her, I thought it was an "in spite of" situation rather than a because of. I was wrong.

Reading his words since her passing, I keep finding myself crying. I feel a little foolish for doing so, since I never did get to meet her, but the tears are not tears of loss or sorrow. They are happy tears to know that such a person could ever exist. I cannot thank this friend enough for sharing with the rest of the world these small fragments of the woman who shaped one of my favorite people in the world.



On an entirely different note, I saw Fame tonight, and will from now on be dancing pretty much every moment that I can. The latest addition to my dance line up will start next Monday, the beginning Hip Hop Aerobics course at Sac State. It will also get me on campus later, which means more study time. (That last period started off as an exclamation point, but needed to be changed.)



Feeling the smile on my face while watching the big number at the end was a bit awesome. I remember seeing Save The Last Dance in theaters when it came out and I was crying through most of it because I missed dancing and I was pretty mad at myself for letting me quit when we moved to Sacramento. This time though, I've got the motivation to dance again, and I'm going to just that. When I'm not in some sort of class or at a venue doing swing, you can expect me to be leaving happy hour and Saturday nights with the Xoso crew for places like Press Club.

I can't wait!

Also, after having a total crush through the movie, I'm wondering if I have a new type, or this is just a fluke.

1 comments:

Lindy said...

I was tearing up at the final number too :) *sigh* I'm such a girlie girl. Yay Fame! :)