31 August 2009

Something to talk about!

Today was the first day of school, and man is this semester going to be insane! I'm currently signed up for 6 courses, though that does include a swimming course with minimal outside work. If I end up getting into the Sign Language class I want on Wednesday I might just drop the swimming course though, to make sure I have time to get everything done.

I think the thing I'm most excited about this semester is the journal I have to keep for Writing and the Young Writer. Since Professor Fanetti is totally down with electronic submission, I think I'm actually going to ask her if I can complete it in the form of a blog!

Now I know, I already have three blogs, one of which Mallory and I simply don't update, and one that I've let fall pretty far behind, but this is a little different. As soon as I figure out a decent name for it, I will have a link here, though I don't know if I will be making it entirely public yet. I don't know how she feels about comments, though I believe that she will actually like the idea of the open communication. The assignment is basically two journals each week on our thoughts about writing and teaching writing. With a prompt like that, I feel like I'm actually going to be able to start writing some blogs that I can be really proud of.

I started writing some ideas for my first one during my classes today, and I can't wait to get a chance to put it together tomorrow!

After a great idea like that, I ended up sitting in on a class that the awesome Liz is taking during what would have been a break for me. I ended up falling in love with the professor though, and now I'm hoping to add the class myself. That puts me at a grand total of 7 if I keep that swimming class and get the Sign class.

Yes, I know that I'm insane.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Oooh, if you need an ASL buddy to practice with, I'm game! I took up to ASL 4...but my last class was 2 years ago. I do remember some ASL though. I'd be happy to practice with you :)

Kathryn said...

yes you are insane but i wish you the best! let me know how the semester is going.