21 June 2009

Living up to one's name

I slept so well last night. I got a little less than 8 hours, but I woke up feeling way more refreshed than I have in a long time, and had my eyes fully open before my alarm went off!

As I laid down last night I noticed just how comfortable my comforter actually is. I was truly thankful in the moment to be able to enjoy being wrapped up in my bed linens for possibly the last night in a while. Just a sheet when the temperature rises is simply not the same. Somehow, the weight of my comforter is just right. It lets me know that it's there and I don't need to toss and turn, but it's not overbearing and I can throw it off without much effort at all if I'd like.



This comforter has been there when I've been sick or upset to surround me and make me feel safe. It's also easy to just fling onto only half of my bed when I need a little more room to breathe. I know it's still there, being bright and colorful and ready to help in any way that it can.

This comforter has more than lived up to it's name, which is kind of awesome since there are things like driveways and apartments that don't actually do that so much.

If you don't already know, my name means "pure" which I have taken to mean undiluted. I'm currently working on getting better at living up to my name. While I love to be influenced by others and take on new things, I want to always be me. Now I just have to figure out who the heck that is!

0 comments: