31 May 2009

Great Weekend!

I know that I don't normally update on Sundays now, but I didn't update yesterday, and I have something to say, so why not?

This weekend has been one awesome weekend of dancing for me. Starting on Friday, I decided that I was not allowed to sit out more than two songs in a row at Midtown Stomp. I'm pretty good at not dancing sometimes, but that's not really going to help me, so I don't want to do it as much! I don't think that I fully stuck to that decision, but the only time that I did miss more than two songs in a row, I also wasn't in the ballroom, so I feel like I stuck to it.



I got to dance with a cool guy I met at Sweet n' Hot last week, and he started actually giving me some of the direction that I really need with Lindy. It's very exciting. I'm enjoying this all so much more than I expected to, which really does say a lot, and getting better is quickly becoming a big goal for me.

There was a party on Saturday that I didn't think I was going to go to because I was supposed to be at work until 11, but when I got out just after 10 I decided to make a surprise appearance. I don't think I've ever felt more loved than I did walking into that party full of people who'd spent the previous night trying to convince me to come while I insisted that I couldn't. Sure, many of them we drunk, but I felt loved none the less.



While I was there, I got to dance a lot more than I have before (somehow I danced for I think 7 songs in a row) and I even learned my new favorite. Hustle!

I have so much fun dancing with Jeff. He's an amazing lead, and I rarely doubt where he wants me to go. I sometimes don't read it quite right, but I'm learning! I really love the moments where I'm not so comfortable with something, but I just go with it anyway, and I figure out something new!



This week I'm really looking forward to dancing three nights! It will be my first time at Club 21 for their Tuesday Swing, so that should be interesting. Sadly for me Jeff will not be there, but I can't really find fault with him for that. Plus, it's good to dance with other people, if only to reinforce how great a lead Jeff is!

This week I will also be starting to take classes through Midtown Stomp, which Jeff is actually going to take as well. I'm very excited and can't wait to see just what I'll be able to do after the classes. Especially since Jeff is taking them as well, I know that I'll have opportunity to practice!



The dresses that I've been posting are ones that I would love to wear dancing. Not always the most practical, not always a price I would pay, and not always something that would look good on me, but fun to look at anyway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay dancing!

I love modcloth.com. I just recently bought a bunch of stuff from there. LOVE IT.

Unknown said...

Hehe, I feel like I should be a tag on this blog considering how much you mentioned me =p But in all seriousness, I'm really glad you're enjoying dancing and especially that you enjoy dancing with me. I definitely want to dance more and practice with you so that you can become a follow tailor-made for me ;-) (not that you aren't already great considering how long ago you started).

All those dresses look awesome too, btw. I have a couple friends who are going to take me on a shopping excursion for clothes suitable for a fancy night at MTS. I'm looking forward to it ^_^

Anonymous said...

YAY! I really like those first two dresses. I'm so happy to see new faces getting really into swing dancing, especially when it's the faces of friends I already had! :D I'll see you at Club 21 tomorrow!

mallory said...

I think that 2nd dress would look super cute on you!