16 April 2009

Race for the Cure!

This took me longer than I'd like, but here is the information, I hope there are lots of you who can come participate!

The 2009 Komen Sacramento Race for the Cure

Race for the Cure


My sister-in-law and I are hoping to get a team together. Most of that team seems interested in walking at this point, though I have to admit that I'd like to see if I can't run for at least one of the three miles. It is a 5K, which is about 3.1 miles, and the time I participated before it was a bit of a celebration the whole way.

It's rather early in the morning, the parking lot opens at 6:00AM and the race starts about 8:05AM, but what a reason to get up, right?

Registration fees are as follows:
Adult -- Non-Timed, 5K or 1-mile = $35 

Adult Chip-Timed, 5K = $40

Child (6-12) Non-Timed, 5K or 1-mile = $15
Child (6-12) Chip-Timed, 5K or 1 mile = $20

Child (5 & under) = No Fee (Must complete Registration Form to participate. No t-shirt provided)
Sleep In for the Cure® = $40 
(includes postage for mailing t-shirt and "I'm Sleeping in for the Cure" doorknob hanger.)

Race Day registration is an additional $5 for adults and children

There is online registration, but I guess Sandy and I should start a team before telling everyone exactly how to register. The deadline for online team registration is April 24th, so Sandy and I will take care of that tonight and I will update about it again.

If you are interested please leave a comment here or email me and I'll make sure to get you the information. purekatherine@gmail.com

0 comments: