05 January 2009

Lighter subject material as promised; The EX

One thing that I'm really looking forward to in moving is creating what will truly be my own space. I've had a set of plates for a few years that I totally love, but as is life in shared spaces, they have been bumped and chipped, and recently stained. They are still more than useable, and I intend on passing them onto my brother as soon as I can. I have decided to start accumulating things for an actually decorated kitchen though!

It started with a wood sign that I got from my Papa for Christmas. It's red. I currently have nothing that is red. My bedroom is all blues and greens, and there's no real escaping that as I truly adore my bedroom. My couch is blue, and a shade that would feel very country if paired with the red, and country simply isn't my style. So the kitchen will get the sign, and I will get to buy new things for it!

I've tried really hard to find a down side to this, and haven't yet come up with a real one.

I've already seen a couple of dish sets at Bed Bath & Beyond that I love and would work for a red white and black kitchen, which only makes me more eager to find an awesome place and get into it! Then I find things like this...



I don't think I even need to say anything, do I? It's a knife block that's a dude!

It's called The Ex. I love it. I saw it in a still from the movie Yes Man and I had to find it. For the record, I believe I googled knife holder man, and he was the first thing to come up.

5 comments:

Kim Caro said...

hahaha that is too funny to add to your red kitchen.

Blooming Lily said...

That is great!!
p.s. I called my dad "Papa' too!!

Beth said...

That's hysterical! That would be a great addition to your red kitchen.

Julie said...

That is bizarre and strangely appealing.

Diamondaj said...

My kitchen was red, black and white. It was a poker theme. I decoupaged cards on the cabinets and had all kinds of poker glasses and dishes. Since I don't play poker much anymore, I am in the process of changing it.