24 October 2008

Continuing.

Today I continued my trek to change the world.
I didn't do much, but I saw an opportunity to help a woman and I decided to take it.

There was a graduate fair at school today, and a woman taking down one booth was having trouble getting a display into the box it stores in. She couldn't really see the edges and it would get caught (which I understand is a difficult to picture from text) so one of the times that she was trying the box fell over. I was reading on a bench in the surrounding courtyard, so I got up and held the box steady.

I don't think that she really needed the help. I think that she had figured it out the try before, but she seemed to have a better attitude than before. I hope that wasn't just my imagination.

I have an interview tomorrow. I'm not sure yet where I stand on wanting the position, so hopefully I'll have some awesome questions about it before 3 tomorrow and after the interview I'll know precisely where I stand!



**EDIT** Tomorrow I will also make the phone call to my landlord to get the sink fixed. It's more important to stop wasting the water than to get my roommates to take responsibility.

Oh, and I also put everything in our living room and my bedroom that I didn't need plugged in all the time on a power strip. I'll now be turning them off whenever not in use. I'm kind of excited to see how it effects our energy bill. I let my roommates know what I did for the living room so they knew what was up if the TV wasn't working, but I'm not expecting them to do the same. I'm definitely interested in the next few months electricity bills!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi there! I bet the woman you helped did feel better. Sometimes you just need to know that you aren't alone or that people care. You never know what people are dealing with so my vote is that you made a difference!

High Desert Diva said...

Phantom electricity...you'll see a difference!

Katherine said...

Thanks Jennifer, I really hope that she decides to do the same when she sees an opportunity to do so. Better yet, I hope that the other people in the courtyard who watched me do it do too, like those awesome commercials.

Katherine said...

high desert diva, I sure hope so! Every dollar counts now, right?