09 September 2008

Please vote

I have some stuff that I've written out during my morning classes, but in browsing Facebook for just a few minutes I've come to realize that I have something far more important to say at the moment.

Please vote!

I can't even really put into words just how important it is for every single voice to be heard on some of the things on the ballots this November. If you're in California you have a say in allowing people to live their lives without the government telling them that it is wrong. Whether or not you agree with another person's lifestyle has very little to do with it. If you don't believe that someone has the right to tell you how to live your life, please vote No on Prop. 8 this November. No matter where you live if you like having the choice to make your own decisions, please vote for Obama, as I am terrified that Roe v. Wade has a chance of being overturned if McCain makes it to office. Whether or not you support someone actually having an abortion is entirely beside the point. We need to be free to make these choices for ourselves. It's kind of like how Republicans tend to want to keep their own money so they can choose what they do with it.

0 comments: