02 September 2008

And it begins

Written throughout my first day of class at Sac State.

Day One 8:49am

First day of classes and things aren't yet going awful. Even though things haven't officially begun I had to get here and all that, so there have been many opportunities for things to take a negative turn already.

Getting up.

I'm sure it was mostly the excitement of the day, but I was able to get up and out the door without any issues. I even have time to put on a little make up! Note added while typing. This is especially odd because I don't think that I slept for more than 2 hours at a time last night.

Riding the bus

For my first time riding the bus in Sacramento, it went pretty dang well. That might have something to do with only having to flash my student ID and then follow the other students as a sign of which stop to get off at. Oh, aand there's the whole thing where the stop is just called, "Sacramento State."

Finding my first class

There was a girl on the bus who did a bit of a leech job and was a little annoying, but was very nice about helping me find my first class. I am a little bummed about not knowing how to shake her from now on. I guess riding my bike to class would fix that a bit. There was however a guy that Angela and I met on Saturday when we went out who was on the bus. His girlfriend was really nice and I hope to hang out with them again, so I'll have to say, "Hello," to him on Thursday.

First class

My first class has now passed and it went alright. No real trouble finding my next course either. I'm waiting for my second class to begin now and there are who girls I went to high school with sitting about 5 feet from me. One of them I actually had a class with and am hoping she doesn't recognize me. I don't remember specifically why, but I don't remember being especially fond of her. Of course my teacher is now not only taking roll, but has had us make name tags for our desks, so she probably will recognize me now.

Second Class

She recognized me. Even only going by Katherine when she only knew me as Kati. Her name is Emily Davis, though that means nothing to any of you.
My second class is my Shakespeare class. The one that I don't feel should be a requirement. I was a little excited to be able to give my opinion on that topic though, it was a topic of discussion at the department retreat I guess. I have to admit that I'm going to be frustrated if it is decided in a year that it's no longer required.
Now I'm waiting for my linguistics class to start. I'm a complete nerd and I'm excited for this course!
Today I'm even more excited about the idea of food in only 75 minutes! I hope the lines aren't too terribly long!

The food getting went well. I think I made a friend. She's in the class I have right before my break, and now that I didn't get into my attempted add class she's also in the only after my now 3 hour break. She goes by Katie, but her given name is Kathryn. We've already discussed my displeasure with this. She blames her parents.
I shouldn't write too much more simply because I don't want to deal with transcribing it when I get home!

0 comments: