02 January 2008

I actually got some cash.


Going to the used clothing store today was a bit of a bust. I should have expected it since I haven't worn "trendy" clothes in probably a decade. The used book store though was way better than I expected. I think I brought them 19 books that they ended up buying and I got $21 in cash.

They offer more in cash than I expected since I could have gotten $28 in store credit. I'm now seeing a couple more books that I probably won't end up reading again, so I might try them again in a week or so.

I'm proud to say that I am more organized this year. I'm making a little more than I had been doing in the last few months of last year. I think that tomorrow is when I'm going to really try to step it up to start making some changes in my store.

It might be a little silly, but I think that until I raise my prices in the whole store, I'm going to list new items at what I'm going to call a preview price. It will be significantly higher than what they will eventually be at, but it will get people prepared for the impending change. While typing that I realized how silly it really is. How easy would it be for someone to write off my entire shop for my new stuff being entirely overpriced? I think I'll just price them as the new prices will be.

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

hmmm....I believe I have some books to recycle, too
thanks for the reminder

Megan said...

I love going to the used book store. It's a little out of my way but totally worth it since there's a Tropical Smoothie right next door. I'll be making a trip there soon. ; )

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.