16 January 2008

An attempt to save money



Originally uploaded by purekatherine
In this time that I've been out of work cash for food and gas has not been the easiest to come by. So when I was at the grocery store and needing to find some cheap snacks I noticed that Goldfish were on sale for a dollar a bag.

In an attempt to get better food into my system and in hopes that they wouldn't be quite as good as regular Goldfish, therefore lasting a bit longer I bought the Whole Grain Goldfish.

Unfortunately, I was not off to a good start. I had to open them in the car because somehow I got a huge hunger wave as soon as I sat down in the driver's seat. I sat and pondered for a second once I got the bag open. Could these really be as good as the normal ones?

I dove right in. Took a few and was shocked.

The damn things are just as good as the regular Goldfish, just not as salty!

The bag is now gone, but I was able to make it last more than a day, so I guess I got my dollar's worth. So if you're wondering whether or not you should go for the Whole Grain Goldfish, I say go for it!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Ahh that ever elusive cash. They just dropped the price of Frescetta Frozen Pizzas, and I snagged some soup coupons. The little machine tried to trick me and didn't put another one out for a minute or two, but desperation prevails.

I like the new pics and the blog is lookin good to!

melroska said...

ooh, i love those whole grain goldfish. they don't carry them at my walgreens anymore.

Andrea Q said...

I read a blog today about a woman who stopped buying food packaged in plastic. She saved over 35 percent on her grocery bill over the course of a year. I never thought about it before, but it makes sense that if you don't buy convenience food, you'll save money. Maybe that can help you stretch your food dollars?

Kim said...

Love those nummy fish.