16 December 2007

New Job

I start a new job tomorrow.  It's a new placement with the same temp agency I've been with since late June.  

I'm kind of excited about it.  It's the first time that I've been told that I can definitely wear jeans with a nice shirt.  I like this because my jeans are actually much nicer than my "work pants" because I wear them more often and will invest more money in them.  I also just like the look of a nice shirt with jeans more than with "work pants."  I guess to me it says that a person can be professional yet completely approachable.  I don't really believe that you can't be 100% professional in the worst of outfits anyway.

I have to drive at least half an hour to this job, but it's much better than nothing and hopefully it will last more than the 1-2 weeks that they think it will.  I'm hoping that my track record with temporary placements will help with that.  The first assignment I went on with this company was supposed to be 2 weeks and I was there for four months, so cross your fingers for me!


I must say that I'm rather proud that I'm actually posting again today.  Hopefully I will post tomorrow on how the first day went.  I don't think that I'll be at a computer during the day, or I'd attempt to write from there.  I probably don't need to be trying to get online on the first day of a new job anyway.  Maybe I can bring my iPod though.  that would make what is very possibly going to be rather boring a little less so I think.  

I'll let you know soon!

0 comments: